Shenny HQ
Like an old married couple - Printable Version

+- Shenny HQ (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir)
+-- Forum: The Big Bang Theory (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Shipping (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Like an old married couple (/showthread.php?tid=21)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: Like an old married couple - devilbk - 03-06-2014

(03-06-2014, 03:53 AM)queenoftheDales Wrote: I knew that scene looked familiar! I believe the DVDs and blue rays aren't edited.

They aren't. It's a syndication thing.

RE: Like an old married couple - Toad - 03-06-2014

(03-06-2014, 03:53 AM)queenoftheDales Wrote: I knew that scene looked familiar! I believe the DVDs and blue rays aren't edited.

I don't mean to be argumentative or anything, but I just finished watching that episode from the DVD and that scene is nowhere to be seen.

Fascinating. I think all of us here just know these characters (as they used to be) so well that we can look at a picture like this and our brains automatically conjure a scene (and false memories) to go along with it. Maybe?

Or is there an extended version of the episode available somewhere? I'm very curious about this now.

RE: Like an old married couple - FranEssi - 03-06-2014

I think Sheldon's conversation with the dry cleaner about his cushion is from the season 6 episode where Sheldon and Howard get into a fight over the parking lot and Howard sits in Sheldon's spot naked. Sheldon takes his cushion to the dry cleaner's at the end of that episode, IIRC.

RE: Like an old married couple - Jislane35 - 03-06-2014

(03-06-2014, 05:36 AM)thetoadoftruth Wrote: I don't mean to be argumentative or anything, but I just finished watching that episode from the DVD and that scene is nowhere to be seen.

Fascinating. I think all of us here just know these characters (as they used to be) so well that we can look at a picture like this and our brains automatically conjure a scene (and false memories) to go along with it. Maybe?

Or is there an extended version of the episode available somewhere? I'm very curious about this now.

There was also another deleted scene during the episode of Penny's successful community play for A Streetcar Named Desire during the tag scene when Sheldon comes in dressed up like Stanley Kowalski I think and doing a short skit about him.

RE: Like an old married couple - Idle Miscreant - 03-06-2014

(03-06-2014, 05:42 AM)FranEssi Wrote: I think Sheldon's conversation with the dry cleaner about his cushion is from the season 6 episode where Sheldon and Howard get into a fight over the parking lot and Howard sits in Sheldon's spot naked. Sheldon takes his cushion to the dry cleaner's at the end of that episode, IIRC.

There is certainly a scene at the end of Parking Lot Escalation (6x9) where Sheldon goes into unnecessary biological detail with the dry cleaner over his cushion, but that picture however, is indeed a deleted scene from The Cushion Saturation. LOOK AT THE GREEN SPOT FRANESSI!

There was also, as Jislane pointed out, a deleted Tag scene for The Monster Isolation, where Sheldon and Penny staged "A Streetcar Named Desire, and Other Streetcars" in the living room, with the author clad in a wifebeater.

I think it must be the only time the Shenny and Shamy fans joined together in empathetic rage at its removal. Perhaps I should just say "Pervy Parsons Fans", and not sully the reps of the wholesome members of both constituents...

There was also, as I understand it, TWO scenes deleted from The Pants Alternative. One, an extended sequence with Sheldon titting around in his new suits, involving a circus mirror, and two, a scene with Penny and Leonard suckfacing in bed, when Penny interrupts the proceedings to ask "Are you thinking about Sheldon?", to which Leonard rather reasonably replies "No, and if you are, I'm REALLY doing something wrong." Suckfacing recommences, until Leonard exasperatedly says "Dammit, now I'M thinking about Sheldon!"
Which I really wish they'd kept, because it sounds hilarious.

Unfortunately I can't find a picture from either the Parking Lot cushion sequence, NOR the other three, except this one, but I'm pretty sure it's just Parsons amusing himself...

[Image: jim2.jpg]

RE: Like an old married couple - FranEssi - 03-06-2014

I noticed the green spot and I know that picture is from a deleted scene, Major Gripe! I was just pointing out that the conversation some posters said they remembered bits and pieces of might be the conversation that took place at the end of S6XE9 where Sheldon goes to the dry cleaner's.

Were any of those deleted scenes released later? Do such scenes ever get included in, say, the DVDs, or the DVD extras? Or are they cut out completely, never to reach the eyes of any viewers?

RE: Like an old married couple - lewstonewar - 03-07-2014

(03-04-2014, 10:25 PM)Major Gripe Wrote: He also bakes...

[Image: 59_1.gif]
[Image: zucchini-bread-2x09.jpg]

And he also knows all about frying meat that isn't chicken as if it were chicken.

Did that banana bread just become zucchini bread? silly frenchies.

RE: Like an old married couple - SpaceAnJL - 03-07-2014

No, the courgette bread was a follow-up to the banana bread, same episode.

RE: Like an old married couple - CassandraElise - 03-08-2014

(03-06-2014, 06:19 PM)FranEssi Wrote: I noticed the green spot and I know that picture is from a deleted scene, Major Gripe! I was just pointing out that the conversation some posters said they remembered bits and pieces of might be the conversation that took place at the end of S6XE9 where Sheldon goes to the dry cleaner's.

Were any of those deleted scenes released later? Do such scenes ever get included in, say, the DVDs, or the DVD extras? Or are they cut out completely, never to reach the eyes of any viewers?

They're not on the American DVDs at any rate. My sister and I have rented every season from the library, and the extras never include any deleted scenes. Sad Let me tell you, that was especially disappointing for the Streetcar scene, since I was looking forward to Sheldon and Penny having fun with each other and Jim sauntering around in a wife-beater. I guess TPTB wanted to squelch any fantasies we might have.

RE: Like an old married couple - queenoftheDales - 03-08-2014

A lot of the deleted scenes are Shenny-centric. They are already trying to replace shenny memories. Sad

You might be able to go spelunking in youtube and see if something pops up. Ive been looking for this infamous alternate Pilot and nothing