Shenny HQ
Like an old married couple - Printable Version

+- Shenny HQ (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir)
+-- Forum: The Big Bang Theory (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Shipping (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Like an old married couple (/showthread.php?tid=21)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: Like an old married couple - SpaceAnJL - 03-05-2014

I, er,... *footshoves a pile of notebooks under the desk*... yeah. That's the problem, see, there's a reason I put 'Discordian' on my profile, it's more a state of being. It's just my darling husband is worse.

That's the true opposites attract of Penny and Sheldon. He'd bake and keep the place clean, she could be the practical one who could fix the car. (How does a woman who fixed a tractor engine at the age of twelve become deskilled enough to screw up a glue-gun?) He needs her chaotic sense of fun to lighten him up, and she needs his order to ground her. But they'd make each other better, rather than propping the other one up.

RE: Like an old married couple - queenoftheDales - 03-05-2014

(03-05-2014, 12:12 AM)SpaceAnJL Wrote: I, er,... *footshoves a pile of notebooks under the desk*... yeah. That's the problem, see, there's a reason I put 'Discordian' on my profile, it's more a state of being. It's just my darling husband is worse.

That's the true opposites attract of Penny and Sheldon. He'd bake and keep the place clean, she'd be the one who could fix the car. (How does a woman who fixed a tractor engine at the age of twelve become deskilled enough to screw up a glue-gun?)

I was so pissed at that scene with her looking like a damn idoit with the glue. Uh, did she not make Penny blossoms with Sheldon using a glue gun? now she can't make a damn necklace (or whatever the hell it was)??

RE: Like an old married couple - SpaceAnJL - 03-05-2014

Both Sheldon and Penny have become progressively, well, thicker, over time. I'd be checking their food and drink for something. Alcohol intake might account for Penny's lessening cognitive ability, but Sheldon is either regressing due to trauma, or somebody's doping him.

RE: Like an old married couple - Toad - 03-06-2014

Hmmm. Looks to be a deleted scene from The Cushion Saturation. I take it this is the dry cleaner slash key maker.

[Image: 2nr3atf.png]

RE: Like an old married couple - SpaceAnJL - 03-06-2014

He looked far more *adult* back then. What was it, hair, lighting, make-up? Just as Penny, despite that expression, didn't look as sour as she does now.

RE: Like an old married couple - Toad - 03-06-2014

(03-06-2014, 02:14 AM)SpaceAnJL Wrote: He looked far more *adult* back then. What was it, hair, lighting, make-up? Just as Penny, despite that expression, didn't look as sour as she does now.

The company he keeps, maybe?

I'd love to have seen this. He looks like he's in the midst of rattling off an exasperatingly long list of instructions.

RE: Like an old married couple - SpaceAnJL - 03-06-2014

Still reckon the 'company' is slipping him a mickey.

I'm sure I've seen/heard this scene. There were detailed instructions, indeed.

RE: Like an old married couple - devilbk - 03-06-2014

(03-06-2014, 02:35 AM)SpaceAnJL Wrote: Still reckon the 'company' is slipping him a mickey.

I'm sure I've seen/heard this scene. There were detailed instructions, indeed.

Y'all have to realize that the reruns are edited. Almost all of them are missing a scene. Syndication requires this. The sperm donation scene from episode 1 hasn't been on the air since the first season. There are many, many more.

RE: Like an old married couple - wellplayedpenny - 03-06-2014

The sperm scene is available on Comedy in Canuckville and seems to be faithful to the original viewings. They even show unedited Looney Tunes to boot!

RE: Like an old married couple - queenoftheDales - 03-06-2014

(03-06-2014, 03:00 AM)devilbk Wrote: Y'all have to realize that the reruns are edited. Almost all of them are missing a scene. Syndication requires this. The sperm donation scene from episode 1 hasn't been on the air since the first season. There are many, many more.

I knew that scene looked familiar! I believe the DVDs and blue rays aren't edited.