Shenny HQ
The Sanctum of Burning Souls (Welcome mat) - Printable Version

+- Shenny HQ (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir)
+-- Forum: Everything else (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Weltschmerz (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: The Sanctum of Burning Souls (Welcome mat) (/showthread.php?tid=16)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: The Sanctum of Burning Souls (Welcome mat) - Idle Miscreant - 04-26-2014

(04-14-2014, 08:30 PM)Will_I_BGraded_OnThis Wrote: well I'm always a good sport (unless i'm playing ice hockey... then i will knock your block off and keep skating) so I'll give you a hint. My first name is the same as TWO fandoms BOTH of which have/had tv shows...

(04-19-2014, 02:01 AM)Will_I_BGraded_OnThis Wrote: as i said i am a music composer and freelance writer (also known as broke and unemployed) and my affinity for music seems to be hereditary given the musicality of my name... it's right there... totally a softball...

(04-25-2014, 12:52 AM)Will_I_BGraded_OnThis Wrote: New Hint for the week...
both fandoms were books that became a tv series. That are still on the air... Although the characters spell their names differently the first letter of their name is the FIRST Letter...
much like raj's scavenger hunt, the actual discovery probably won't be as awesome...

[Image: 1343310028211.jpg]

RE: The Sanctum of Burning Souls (Welcome mat) - Satnight815 - 04-26-2014

As much as I love Major Gripe's picture Big Grin, I'm going to take a guess becauseā€¦

[Image: feb219.gif]

Is this the lovely Ahria who has joined the forum? Is that how you spell it or do you spell it Aria (like from Pretty Little Liars) or Arya (from Game of Thrones)?

*If I am right, do I win a prize?* Smile

RE: The Sanctum of Burning Souls (Welcome mat) - Tuesday Pajamas - 05-11-2014

(04-26-2014, 10:19 PM)Satnight815 Wrote: As much as I love Major Gripe's picture Big Grin, I'm going to take a guess becauseā€¦

[Image: feb219.gif]

Is this the lovely Ahria who has joined the forum? Is that how you spell it or do you spell it Aria (like from Pretty Little Liars) or Arya (from Game of Thrones)?

*If I am right, do I win a prize?* Smile

I think you go it Satnight... Blossom I don't watch either of those two shows so I was never going to get it. Damn!

RE: The Sanctum of Burning Souls (Welcome mat) - ricardo shillyshally - 06-26-2014

[Image: the-big-bang-theory-1.jpg] What I like about this forum is, that it doesn't matter what your day has been like, or whether the world is about to implode; relax and enjoy the fun.

RE: The Sanctum of Burning Souls (Welcome mat) - ricardo shillyshally - 07-11-2014

Great news!!! E4 are starting a complete re-run tonight, 'pilot episode'. Considering the other options on TV, I'm in! The old episodes still make me laugh, and I always hear something I don't remember from before. I was going to create my user name from one of the shows clever titles, but never got past pilot! [Image: giphy.gif]

RE: The Sanctum of Burning Souls (Welcome mat) - Louise - 08-18-2014

I want to thank everyone SO much for their kind welcome Smile I lurked for a long time before joining these forums, and I was very hesitant to do so, but now I'm glad that I did.

I don't like to talk about myself, much, but I'm a teacher, I'm 33, I'm American but I currently live outside the US for work.

In terms of TBBT, I'm strictly a Nostalgic. I don't watch the new episodes and I don't want to hear about them. I probably won't be around much, when September comes, because I am cutting myself off from all information about S8.

I like reading, writing, and discussing all kinds of subjects. I love Simon Helberg dearly and I detest what they've done to his character.

Full disclosure: I am not so much into romantic Shenny, but I'm not hostile to the idea, so have no fear. I like to get along with everyone and I do not attack other people's opinions.

I like reading fanfic if it is early-seasons-compliant or AU.

Other shows that I like are Seinfeld, Frasier (early seasons), and lately I have been getting more into British shows.

Book, movie, or TV show recommendations are always welcome Smile

Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

RE: The Sanctum of Burning Souls (Welcome mat) - Wisp - 08-18-2014

I shamelessly recommend Community and Arrested Development to anyone who will put up with me, regardless of their comedy preferences. Frigging watch them. Unless you have and hated them. Then fine. Welcome!

RE: The Sanctum of Burning Souls (Welcome mat) - Louise - 08-18-2014

(08-18-2014, 03:04 AM)WITCHDOCTOR FANTASTIC Wrote: I shamelessly recommend Community and Arrested Development to anyone who will put up with me, regardless of their comedy preferences. Frigging watch them. Unless you have and hated them. Then fine. Welcome!

You know, it's odd, because Arrested Development seemed like EXACTLY the type of thing I would love, but somehow it didn't make much of an impression on me. I mean, it has all the features that I love in a comedy, but somehow it didn't gel for me. I marathoned the first season, but maybe I need to give it another try.

It's like I appreciate it in an abstract sense, and I totally understand what it's trying to do, but it didn't make me LOL, much...

RE: The Sanctum of Burning Souls (Welcome mat) - Wisp - 08-18-2014

It's definitely a grower. The first time I watched it I wasn't massively taken, but by the 2nd season it became one of my favourite shows ever. I'd give it another go. The SHEER LEVEL OF JOKES crammed into each episode are a bit overwhelming at first though, yeah.

RE: The Sanctum of Burning Souls (Welcome mat) - Toad - 08-18-2014

Welcome again, Louise!

I'm simply delighted that we have an ardent advocate for Simon/Howard on board. Both the actor and the character tend to get short shrift, in terms of nominations and character discussion respectively. At least you can help rectify the latter. We're generally so outraged here by the character mutilations of Sheldon and Penny that I think we forget that Howard was really the first casualty of the creeping "organic growth." As I believe it's referenced elsewhere.

And now I'm thoroughly outraged because I had intended to offer up a Best of Wolowitz video as a welcome gift, figuring there'd be scads of them on YouTube, and I can't seem to find a single one. Angry How can this be?

Ahem, anyway, this is one of my favorite Howard moments. I never don't laugh when I watch it... Big Grin