Shenny HQ
The Sanctum of Burning Souls (Welcome mat) - Printable Version

+- Shenny HQ (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir)
+-- Forum: Everything else (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Weltschmerz (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: The Sanctum of Burning Souls (Welcome mat) (/showthread.php?tid=16)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: The Sanctum of Burning Souls (Welcome mat) - Jislane35 - 03-08-2014

(03-07-2014, 11:55 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: Welcome to HQ LewStonewar.

I agree, Amy is a completely different character from when she was introduced. The changes are too extreme and unrealistic in my mind.

We have a fan fic recommendation thread here: http://shennyhq.co.uk/dir/showthread.php?tid=44

And quite a few writers who will hopefully keep up informed of their new works.

The dramatic change in Amy was too obvious to brush off and anyone who didn't see it must be that slow. Sadly the same process is happening to Sheldon season by season and by the time the show ends he'll be acting like a pure Neanderthal.

RE: The Sanctum of Burning Souls (Welcome mat) - queenoftheDales - 03-08-2014

(03-07-2014, 11:55 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: Welcome to HQ LewStonewar.

I agree, Amy is a completely different character from when she was introduced. The changes are too extreme and unrealistic in my mind.

We have a fan fic recommendation thread here: http://shennyhq.co.uk/dir/showthread.php?tid=44

And quite a few writers who will hopefully keep up informed of their new works.

yes Welocome LewStonewar. Hopefully you enjoy your stayBig Grin

And like Tusday Pajamas said, please hit up the fan-fic thread and add some recs. Im always in the market for fan fic, as I'm sure are others.
Have fun Big Grin

HINT HINT WRITERS: advertise your work and recs, please!

RE: The Sanctum of Burning Souls (Welcome mat) - devilbk - 03-08-2014

Okay. Advertising my work. My most recent finished piece is The Turnabout Maneuver. It begins with a typical argument. It ends the way too many arguments usually do. It begins as Lenny and ends with more than a hint of Shenny.

You can find it here: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10069925/1/The-Turnabout-Maneuver

RE: The Sanctum of Burning Souls (Welcome mat) - Tuesday Pajamas - 03-08-2014

Another thread you might have something to add to LewStonewar: Blossom

http://shennyhq.co.uk/dir/showthread.php?tid=93&highlight=demisexual

RE: The Sanctum of Burning Souls (Welcome mat) - Daedaleopsis - 03-10-2014

Hi... I'm new here... please be gentle!

I'm female, in my thirties, married with three school-age kids, living in northeast US. Background in chemistry, but I've been a sahm (stay-at-home mom) for a number of years.
I was invited to join this forum because I write Shenny fanfic (which I post on fanfiction.net). I've never written fanfic before. It's kind of weird, but I stumbled across the fanfiction site because I was just so dissatisfied with the Leonard/Penny relationship. When I read someone's else story pairing Penny and Sheldon, it turned my brain upside down for about three seconds. Then I had an epiphany. No wonder the show was so boring and miserably unfunny. They were trying to force relationships that never should have happened. Since then, I was hooked. I read every S/P fanfic I could find, but it wasn't enough. They weren't telling the stories I wanted to read. So I finally began writing and posting my own. If anyone's interested in reading my stories, you can search the above-mentioned site for me, Daedaelopsis.
FYI, Daedaleopsis confragosa is a spectacularly beautiful polypore fungus, which I became familiar with during my senior research project in college. Its underside has convoluted, maze-like folds, but from the top, it looks plain and boring. Yeah, it's a metaphor.

I'm female, in my thirties, married with three school-age kids, living in northeast US. Background in chemistry, but I've been a sahm (stay-at-home mom) for a number of years.
I was invited to join this forum because I write Shenny fanfic (which I post on fanfiction.net). I've never written fanfic before. It's kind of weird, but I stumbled across the fanfiction site because I was just so dissatisfied with the Leonard/Penny relationship. When I read someone's else story pairing Penny and Sheldon, it turned my brain upside down for about three seconds. Then I had an epiphany. No wonder the show was so boring and miserably unfunny. They were trying to force relationships that never should have happened. Since then, I was hooked. I read every S/P fanfic I could find, but it wasn't enough. They weren't telling the stories I wanted to read. So I finally began writing and posting my own. If anyone's interested in reading my stories, you can search the above-mentioned site for me, Daedaelopsis.
FYI, Daedaleopsis confragosa is a spectacularly beautiful polypore fungus, which I became familiar with during my senior research project in college. Its underside has convoluted, maze-like folds, but from the top, it looks plain and boring. Yeah, it's a metaphor.

RE: The Sanctum of Burning Souls (Welcome mat) - queenoftheDales - 03-10-2014

Welcome, Daedaleopsis

I started reading Another Hesitation Ramification back when it first came out and i really like it. Im not caught up on it yet, but its nice to see all these writers head over to HQ. Big Grin

RE: The Sanctum of Burning Souls (Welcome mat) - devilbk - 03-10-2014

(03-10-2014, 11:07 AM)Daedaleopsis Wrote: Hi... I'm new here... please be gentle!

You write really good stories. Thank you.

RE: The Sanctum of Burning Souls (Welcome mat) - Idle Miscreant - 03-10-2014

(03-10-2014, 11:07 AM)Daedaleopsis Wrote: FYI, Daedaleopsis confragosa is a spectacularly beautiful polypore fungus, which I became familiar with during my senior research project in college. Its underside has convoluted, maze-like folds, but from the top, it looks plain and boring. Yeah, it's a metaphor.

Et voila!

[Image: E45E53DB37C9B5C0A95D82432193BE37-roodporiehoutzwam.jpg]

Welcome Daedaleopsis indeed. A background in chemistry eh? Well you'll fit right in. As far as I can gather, there's people here with a background in microbiology, mathematics, sociology, architecture, along with ex-punk-rockers, actors, artists, ex-comic-book-editors, experimental musicians, and incredibly irritable writers, the latter of which seem to comprise the bulk of this forum...You'll be grand!
I wish my name was a metaphor. It's just a bad pun...

RE: The Sanctum of Burning Souls (Welcome mat) - ricardo shillyshally - 04-06-2014

This Forum> a meeting of great minds, that dared to think differently. [Image: meeting-of-great-minds.jpg]

RE: The Sanctum of Burning Souls (Welcome mat) - Berliner - 04-07-2014

^ Look how many Germans are in that pic. Big Grin And yes, I agree, this forum is a very good read. Smile